Growing up in Cameroon, Christelle realised that to follow her true aspirations she would have to look beyond her birth countries borders. A true entrepreneur from the very beginning, Christelles instincts and intuition allowed her to support herself through university by selling dresses. What started as a way to make an income while studying bloomed into a lifelong passion that has created great success.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Christelle Nganhou is the co-founder of Grass-Fields, a successful business that provides African inspired fashion. The idea for the business came about after Christelle was asked to dress less colourfully at a job interview. Rather than sacrificing part of her identity, Christelle contacted her twin sister Michele and the pair began building what would become Grass-Fields.
Here’s a taste of Christelle Nganhou and Daniel Priestley’s conversation –
- Christelle talks about Grass-Fields, the products they are known for and how she has grown the high in demand fashion business
- Growing up in Cameroon with seven siblings and how the passing of Christelle’s father changed her life
- How Christelle strived for an education and the awesome story of how she made it to university and started selling dresses to support herself
- Graduating university and leaving Cameroon to do further study in the United Kingdom
- Discovering a new way of life in the UK, taking on a cleaning job to support herself and the opportunities that started to open up for Christelle
- How Christelle found her way back into fashion in the UK, starting from the bottom and selling dresses again
- The early successes and demand that Christelle’s business experienced resulting in stock constantly selling out
- Christelle’s feeling that the business was not a proper business and how she lost the passion temporarily
- Trusting your intuition and how doing so lead to all of the success Christelle has had in her business and life
Links to connect with Christelle Nganhou –