Have you ever thought “there’s something missing in this market” and think you could be the entrepreneur that finds a profitable solution? My guest in today’s episode did just that and developed a world-class product and brand that earns $50 million in revenue. Nicole Eckels came over from the States to the north shore of Sydney in 2006 when she noticed a significant gap in the fragrance space, namely candles. She was passionate about fragrance, lifestyle and fashion, so she launched Glasshouse Fragrances, which has gone through 50% growth year on year to this day.
In our conversation, Nicole explains how she expanded her product lines and why she believes creatives must be involved in the product development process. We also talk about the challenges of a fast-growing company and how you can navigate establishing your company’s culture as your team grows larger.
Additionally in this episode, we get really into…
- Nicole’s approach to culture and how fast growth has had a significant effect on culture
- The challenges of handling 50% year on year growth
- How Nicole gets her ideas, innovations and inspirations around product development
- The recognition that it wasn’t about the product
- Her philosophy on winning
- How her ‘W.A.C.I” team culture evolved
- Where she draws her product inspiration from
- And much more