‘Innovation,’ seems to be the entrepreneurial buzzword of the 21st century. Although we shouldn’t subscribe to fleeting trends, this one holds a wealth of business-boosting potential – and it should be here to stay. So, how do you unlock the creative potential of your people and deliver sustainable innovation in your business?
As Mok O’Keefe explains, we all are born to be innovators; we just need the right circumstances and environment to tap into our creativity.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Our guest on this episode is innovation expert and all-round creative, Mok O’Keefe. Mok is a renowned author, speaker, consultant, coach and founder of the company The Innovation Beehive, a consultancy firm that guides organisations in releasing the creative energy of their people, through inspirational training and impactful consulting projects.
Mok is a highly sought after innovation entrepreneur, with brands such as Google, McDonald’s, Lloyds Bank and the World Economic Forum knocking at his door.
Mok’s recent book, The Innovation Ecosystem, is the ultimate guide for ALL organisations to keep in their desk drawers. It’s a practical tool for turning employees into innovation pioneers by giving them the tools, knowledge and space to innovate. In this episode, you’re going to get a sneak peek on how it’s done.
We all have untapped potential to be the innovators of this world, you’ve just got to tap in.
Here’s just glimpse into the innovation insights he shared with us:
- Turning employees into innovators
- Reconnecting to the youthful creativity
- What does innovation actually mean?
- The innovation Ecosystem – Mok’s book and what it’s helped him achieve
- Mok’s origin story – Dealing with loss and moving to success
- The four elements of Beehive Innovation
- Why you can win when you encourage innovative employees
- How To create an innovative space as a leader
- The common mistakes business make when it comes to innovation direction
- The difference between poor performance and failure
- Developing Innovation from failure
- How Mok contends with time management
- Digital diagnostics – How Innovation Beehive manages their data
- The People Innovation podcast
- Mok’s top tips for keeping production moving
- Do what you love – What’s your duvet chuck motivation?