Most people believe that the journey an entrepreneur takes is unique to every individual, and no one holds onto this belief more than business owners themselves.
But in thinking that their own journey is completely different from anyone else’s, they get caught up in its details and miss the actual bigger picture. Having worked with thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses from various industries, we’ve learned a lot about the Entrepreneur Journey – particularly that it is, in fact, a lot more predictable than most people think.
On the Entrepreneur Journey, there are certain problems and frustrations that come along at a very predictable time, and there are also certain ways to overcome them if you know the journey ahead of you.
There are one of five areas where your business is currently sitting:
1. Start-up – Pre-revenue business, testing out ideas in the market, less time, more stress
2. Wilderness – Struggling solopreneur, no product offering, juggling multiple roles
3. Lifestyle – A team of 3 – 12 people, less hours, more freedom, great revenue, low profit
4. The Desert – Too big to be a small business, and too small to be a big business
5. Performance – Steady growth, high valuation, investable, great team culture, profitable
Based on research and experience, and also reflective of Big Data, we’ve just released a 20-page report on these insights to help business leaders such as yourself to find out where you currently are in your own Entrepreneur Journey and how you can strategically plan and move forward.
If you want to accelerate your position on the Entrepreneur Journey, consider coming along to our event next month in London where we’ll be providing you with the tools you need to prove the value you offer to your market, establish yourself as an industry leader, become oversubscribed and formalise assets in the business to grow exponentially. Learn more