Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 58:07 — 106.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email |
One of the very first hurdles that new businesses and entrepreneurs struggle to overcome is that of increasing their visibility to accelerate growth by reaching new audiences. Although there are more platforms than ever to assist with expanding exposure, it still becomes a sticking point that many fail to overcome.
Sophie Milliken knows how to utilise these platforms and a quick Google search for her name yields pages of results highlighting the work she has put in to be visible and stand out as a professional in her field. During this episode Sophie discusses how she has challenged herself to make the most of the opportunities and platforms available to her and why this is key to finding success.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Sophie Milliken is a Multi award-winning entrepreneur, Director, NED, chartered FCIPD HR professional, author, speaker, and investor. She is the founder of Moja (http://www.thisismoja.com), a personal brand-building agency.
Sophie’s experience is in graduate recruitment, employability, senior recruitment, assessment design and delivery, learning and development design and delivery, coaching and talent management.
Here’s a taste of Sophie Milliken and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- Sophie reflects on how becoming a Key Person of Influence helped to take her business to the next level and how the 5 P’s were essential to that development
- What it took for Sophie to become a published author and how interviewing inspirational women for her second book helped to build new networks and partnerships
- The hidden values of winning awards, including the opportunity to get in front of new peers and increase your visibility
- Sophie talks about the value of building a supportive and reliable team around you and why putting the extra time in to develop that team environment is essential to success
- The marketing strategies that Sophie and her team use to attract new relationships, including webinars, brochures, case studies and content for social media
- Sophie’s advice for new businesses around how to continue building their profile and increase visibility across multiple platforms
- The 3 guiding principles that Sophie believes have been key to driving her success
Links to connect with Sophie Milliken –