(This episode discusses adult themes such as drug use, child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault. Listener discretion is advised.)
Tammy Banks describes her mission as wanting to interrupt the generational cycle of harm, poverty and abuse. And there’s a good reason for this being Tammy’s mission as these confronting global issues have been a part of Tammy’s lived experience.
The way that Tammy has brought this mission to life is through developing methodologies and providing training for support services that draws upon her life experiences and the adversities of which she has faced.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Tammy Banks is the Co-Director of Taye Training and Consultancy, home to Training 4 Influence. She is also a Psychologist with experience in forensic psychology, as well as the best selling author of the book ‘Transform Your Training’ and a TEDx speaker.
Here’s a taste of Tammy Banks and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- Tammy talks about her methodology for recruiting and training operational experts and how the training delivered is all about helping frontline workers to assist in transforming the lives of the most vulnerable people in our communities
- Tammy’s origin story and the adversities she overcome such as homelessness, a lack of a formative education and being refused entry to a college education, and how the lessons she learned from these experiences shaped her drive and ability for empathy and kindness
- The tools that Tammy used to transform her life to become a psychologist and how Tammy has incorporated these tools into the training methodology at Training 4 Influence
- Tammy’s experience as a forensic psychologist working with convicted criminals and how this field took her into a period of breakdown and burnout
- How Tammy started her entrepreneurial journey and the factors that encouraged her to enter the business world and the realisation that charity is not the only way to do good with in the community
- How becoming a part of the Key Person of Influence community gave Tammy the confidence to walk away from her full time job and pursue her goals of transforming the training space
- Building a business with scalability and the various stages of growth including the point at which Tammy realised she would have to focus on the new business full time in order to facilitate further expansion
- The signs that Tammy looks for to know that she is personally growing and developing
- Tammy talks about releasing her first book ‘Transform Your Training’, the challenges she found around developing her written language and the resources Tammy sought to become a confident author
- Acknowledging the need for social change within our communities and why it is Tammy’s mission to ensure that support services have the best training possible to deliver what is truly needed by some of society’s most complex and disadvantaged people
- Tammy’s advice to business owners around increasing revenue and not straying from the core mission to be able to do so
- How to approach authenticity in the business world and not sacrifice your personal values while still respecting the values of others
- Where Training 4 Influence as a business is currently standing and the future developments and projects on the horizon
- The advice that Tammy would give to her younger self around trusting instinct and having faith in yourself
Links to connect with Tammy Banks –