The human body is incredible and capable of the most astounding feats with the right development and training. One such feat is that of completing extreme endurance events including ironman triathlons and 100km+ ultra marathons.
This episode’s guest, Nick Muxlow has been competing in endurance events for over 18 years. He has utilized his experience to build a business that helps to develop people to reach their full athletic potential, so that they can take on the mental and emotional journey of training for and competing in endurance events.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Nick Muxlow is an author, speaker and ultra marathon coach. He is the founder and director of The Ultra Journey and comes from a background in physical education. Nick has published 2 books – Journey to 100 and Run Fit. He has also been featured in Trail Mag and has won multiple trail and ultra races.
Here’s a taste of Nick Muxlow and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- What it takes to compete in a 100km ultra marathon and the training involved in preparing the body for an endurance event
- A look at the world of endurance sports and the different types of events including ironman triathlons and 200 mile marathons
- How Nick went from being a physical education teacher to a running and marathon coach
- Nick walks through the Run Fit method that he developed to help his clients to become running fit and to understand that it’s more than just a race, it’s a whole lifestyle
- The challenges of becoming an author and how publishing multiple books helped to transform Nicks business
- How Nick built a business focused on freedom and the ability to work from anywhere by utilizing online coaching software
- The comparisons between building endurance to complete bigger distances as a runner and hitting financial goals within a business
Links to connect with Nick Muxlow –