The Human Rights Commission have published data indicating that 70% of businesses won’t hire employees that are over 50 years old. When presented with these statistics and reflecting on his own personal experiences and observations; Hunter Leonard realised his purpose to contribute to the ending of Ageism.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Hunter Leonard is the founder of Silver & Wise and author of the best selling books – Generation Experience and The Experience Equation. He has helped over 500 clients deliver growth of more than $2 billion in revenue, and delivered more than 650 workshops and seminars. He is a multi award winning marketer and has written 7 books in all.
Hunter believes that everyone should invest their time into finding what their purpose and mission is on this planet, and that by doing so people will discover what truly ignites their drive for success beyond increasing revenue. Hunter and Glen dive deep into this topic within this episode.
Here’s a taste of Hunter Leonard and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- Hunter shares his experience with workplace ageism as he began to build his own business in his early 30’s, the discovery that a quarter of people suffered ageism in the workplace and how this experience presented a particular set of problems that Hunter was driven to solve
- Discussing data from the Human Rights Commission that indicates that 70% of businesses won’t hire employees over the age of 50 and challenging the generalisation that older employees are not tech savvy
- The business model behind Silver and Wise, and Hunter reflects on how he secured his first million dollar contract during the early days of developing the organisation
- The challenges Hunter faced when expanding his business and the realisation that the business model would need changing in order for Hunter to take back control of the journey and purpose originally envisioned when creating the organization
- The tool developed by Hunter for Silver and Wise clients that utilises 8 rooms including a Strategy and Leadership room in which clients are asked to focus on the future. Other rooms include Quality Management, People and the Adapt & Disrupt room
- Hunters belief that everyone has a purpose and how the jigsaw pieces of life fall into place after that purpose is discovered
- Elevating professional goals beyond money revenue and embracing a responsibility to your business community to inspire a greater sense of purpose in yourself and your team
- How Hunter approaches managing responsibilities and accountability within his organisation, including with the suppliers and subcontractors
Links to connect with Hunter Leonard –