Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:28:08 — 101.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
Building a truly profitable marketing agency is rare. Writing a book that’s profitable from the day it’s published is rarer still. Carolyn Dean has done both.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
As they say, revenue is vanity and profit is sanity. The experiences of marketing expert, entrepreneur, author and speaker, Carolyn Dean proves this point in spades. In this very in-depth and personal conversation, Carolyn reveals how she built her agency, My Dental Marketing, and how she became a leading key person of influence in the dental marketing space – and believe me there was a few obstacles along the way.
If you’re looking for ideas on how to become more profitable, build better systems and processes, how to leverage your time as an influencer rather than working in your business, then you’re going to get a lot out of this conversation.
Here’s just some of what Carolyn shares with us:
- The dark early days of grinding out business
- Dealing with disruption and intense competition
- How she niched down her business
- How she made a profit on the actual launch of her book
- Crowdsourcing the book content
- Making a small business look like a big business
- How she built her business on industry partnerships
- The importance of systems and processes
- The value of awards
- Her journey to becoming a key person of influence
My Dental Marketing
Fully Booked: Dental Marketing Secrets for a Full Appointment Book by Carolyn S Dean
Carolyn on Linkedin