Crafting compelling and engaging copy that not only cuts through to an audience but also accurately represents the voice of a brand can be a daunting task. Copy can be used in many ways from articulate and elegant paragraphs through to short and punchy minimal phrases.
While it’s essential to get the messaging right, copywriting won’t have the desired effect if the tone does not suit. In this episode we learn how to navigate the pathway to finding your brand’s voice from author and speaker Bernadette Schwerdt.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Bernadette Schwerdt has over 30 years experience working in media, marketing, the arts and technology. Bernadette is the founder of 4 successful companies, the author of 3 best-selling business books and the creator of 2 educational institutes.
Bernadette’s prolific industry experience has placed her as an authority on marketing and she is a regular commentator for media platforms such as ABC TV, The Australian Financial Review and Sky News.
Here’s a taste of Bernadette Schwerdt and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- Using data and machine learning to help identify and test for strong ideas that are worthy of investing in
- Understanding the potential risks posed by AI, machine learning and data collection, and what this may mean for the future
- How Bernadette became an actor in her 30’s and the lessons the industry taught her around being resilient and having to create her own opportunities
- Teaching mindfulness and meditation to professionals including AFL players and coaches, and how to look for moments in the day to fit in time to relax
- Bernadette talks about her writing process and how she landed her first professional writing job in the advertising space
- Bernadette’s advice for people overwhelmed by writing content and why working with a copywriter might be the best approach
- The importance of copywriters and other creative professionals in getting a comprehensive brief from clients in order to deliver a high standard of work
- Why it is essential to understand your audience and the tone required to cut through when crafting copy for your brand
- Bernadette reflects on her years of professional speaking and having the opportunity to deliver a TEDx talk on ‘How to bumble your way to success’
- The advice that Bernadette would give to her younger self
Links to connect with Bernadette Schwerdt –