It is a guarantee in business that hurdles will continue to present along the journey, some causing more trouble than others. For many it becomes too overwhelming and their dreams and goals diminish. For others it presents an opportunity to demonstrate tenacity, to move forward and even create new opportunities from setbacks.
So how does a business owner develop this type of resilience? In this episode we are joined by Katherine Maslen to discuss being reliant in business.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Katherine Maslen is a naturopath, writer, international speaker and the founder of Shift Clinics. Katherine is the host of ‘The Shift’ podcast – a docu-series focused on global health topics, as well as the writer of ‘Get Well, Stay Well’.
Katherines journey has been difficult at times, but as you will hear throughout her conversation with Glen; her experiences have only made her stronger.
Here’s a taste of Katherine Maslen and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- Katherine reflects on the journey of her personal brand and how imposter syndrome had her feeling like she needed to hide behind her business
- Building resilience in business and how anxiety can be a sign that you are on the right track
- How Katherine found her voice – Her personal story of growth through facing adversity
- The lessons learned around creating membership models and how an unlimited membership option backfired
- Managing team and culture, and the shifts Katherine has made in her business around this
- Why COVID is a timely reminder that we need to increase the robustness of the health of Australians and the healthcare system
- Learning to become self responsible in order to improve health and lifestyle
Links to connect with Katherine Maslen –