Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:26:52 — 159.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
Peter Brennan’s story is no fairytale. The events and adversities that have shaped his life have often led him to dark places. However Peter has embraced his journey and the lessons that presented along the way, and by doing so excelled in the creative industries. This episode is all about looking at life from different angles and growing in perspective.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Peter Brennan is an award-winning designer with a 20+ year career across three continents. Speaker, Founder & Creative Director of Electric and Analog – a brand, content and design studio based in Sydney, Australia. Peter is also the co-founder and Head of Brand at Heaps Normal – an independent, non-alcoholic beer for mindful drinking.
Here’s a taste of Peter Brennan and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- How Peter makes reinventing and creating brands at Electric and Analog look sexy
- How finding a problem to solve can be the first step to creating a brand from scratch
- How Peter and team developed the Electric and Analog branding from the bottom up
- Peter talks about his relationship with alcohol and how it inspired him and three mates to develop Heaps Normal non-alcoholic beers
- What could be behind the fast moving growth being experienced by the Heaps Normal team
- Peter shares his personal story about his relationship with his father and how his perspective has shifted as he’s become a father and grown
- Peters relationship emotionally and logistically with his brands Electric and Analog, and Heaps Normal
- Why branding matters and the seven core components of a brand
- Peter talks about his own experience with burnout and the tools that he has learned to ensure self care in his professional life
- The benefits of journaling in both professional and personal life
- Utilising nutrition and supplements to support the energy levels and bring your best to each to day
- Peter shares his grandfather’s advice around looking at things from a different angle to try and get an idea across the line
- Peter talks about a hijacking experience in South Africa and how the event shaped his personal development
Links to connect with Peter Brennan –