Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:50:38 — 202.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
Podcasting in business has seen a huge growth over the past 5 years and with the current limitations in place on how we communicate due to the pandemic, podcasting has become even more of a focus for brands to reach new and old audiences.
However, so many podcast projects become abandoned after businesses fail to garner the traction that they were expecting. As Tim Reid cites during this episode very few make it beyond their sixth episode.
So why is this? And why has this episode’s guest Tim Reid been able to breakthrough and successfully build engaged audiences for multiple podcasts? With over 12 years experience in the podcasting world, Tim Reid brings a wealth of insight around how to find success in podcasting.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Tim Reid comes from a marketing background including being the marketing manager for Flight Centre and spending 10 years in advertising working with brands such as Gillette, AXA, Yellow Pages and Dulux.
Since then he has become the founder and host of Australia’s #1 and longest running business marketing podcast – The Small Business Big Marketing Show. With over 500 episodes, three million downloads and listeners in over 100 countries, and was awarded Australia’s Best Business & Marketing Podcast at the 2018 Australian Podcast Awards.
Tim is also the author of ‘The Boomerang Effect’, which teaches business owners why being helpful in your marketing returns more customers and makes you more money.
Here’s a taste of Tim Reid and Glen Carlson’s conversation –
- Tim talks about how he found success in podcasting after his experience with marketing in the corporate space and how business owners can achieve the same
- What the podcasting landscape looked like over 12 years ago when Tim Reid first discovered the medium
- Why so many business owners go into podcasting with unrealistic expectations and end up abandoning the project in its early stages
- The importance of putting your charisma and energy into audio content and how speaking at events can help build the skills including Tim’s smart, heart & fart approach
- How Tim uses being curious to extract engaging content from his podcast guests
- Repurposing podcast content into different forms of media such as books and blog posts
- Glen and Tim discuss the impacts of technology and social media on society and why many business owners are backing away from it
- Tim’s take on imposter syndrome and how he approaches it in both his personal and professional lives
- Podcast production, what Tim does himself and what he outsources to producers and content creators
- Tim talks about his book ‘The Boomerang Effect’ and why its a must read for those looking for the next step in marketing their business
- Why wellbeing is such a huge topic at present and should be taken seriously by business owners and treated holistically
- Tim opens up about his experience with his own wellbeing and what it took for him to start taking it seriously
Links to connect with Tim Reid –