Crossing your fingers and hoping that customers will show up isn’t the best business tactic. What if you could almost double your profits by using simple marketing tools to create attention-grabbing promos that get people buying time and time again? Celebrated restaurant marketer Howard Tinker helps people do just that.
In each episode of The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
Our guest on this episode is Howard Tinker, the ex-psychotherapist turned marketing pioneer. He’s the celebrated founder of Restaurant Profits, a firm that offers done-for-you marketing services and restaurant marketing strategies along with other business-boosting courses and workshops. Howard’s main aim is to get his client’s restaurant packed to the rafters, and making heaps of profit through repeated business.
Howard is also an accomplished author, compiling over 20 years’ experience into two bestselling books. ‘More Bums on Seats’ introduces foolproof marketing tactics for restaurateurs, and ‘Selling At The Table’ enables staff to increase the amount that diners spend in a restaurant elegantly.
In this episode, we open the door into this highly detailed business marketing masterclass, where you can learn the tactics behind effective SMS marketing and Facebook bot strategies. We also discuss the value of building a database that works for you and how you can improve your copywriting to tell a compelling story.
Here’s just a snippet of what Howard shared:
- The beginnings of his career – From poverty to prosperity
- The obscure hippy database that produced nearly $250,000 in sales
- How Howard wrote a bestselling book in just 26 days
- The four products that everybody needs to have to build a business
- The power of strategic homework
- Why you should write your marketing copy for Homer Simpson
- How hardcopy marketing coverts up to 400% more than email
- The guide to effective SMS marketing
- Why saying ‘Welcome’ puts you in control
- How to put your prices up without the anxiety
Howard on LinkedIn
ManyChat the ChatBot: