If you’re looking for practical ways on how you can make your business not only survive but thrive in a highly competitive industry, then this episode is for you. My guest in this episode is Darren Finkelstein, aka “The Boat Guy”. Darren has built a remarkable multi-million dollar business over the last five years. His journey has seen him become a bestselling author of three books and an in-demand speaker and personality, working with radio and TV shows including 3AW and Foxtel.
Darren is an expert in identifying the ideal client and creating innovative ways of targeting that market. He’s engineered a business philosophy that clients value (and are therefore willing to pay more for). By building a strong personal brand, and using smart methods to promote that brand, Darren has become recognised as an industry authority – a position that he’s leveraged towards business success.
In this episode we talk about:
- Darren partnering with some of the biggest brands in the industry
- The frustrations and challenges he experienced before shifting his approach to business
- Using a partnership to both fund the first run of his book and promote it
- The book adding $120k PROFIT to the business’ bottom line within 12 months
- The credibility that comes with writing a book and how to leverage that credibility for your business
- How writing his book opened up plenty of doors for Darren including keynote speaking
- Darren finding his point of difference in the industry and communicating it through pitch and product
- Darren’s four touch points of reconnection and how they are tied into his product ecosystem
- How niching his business philosophy helped him to find his ideal customer
- The moment Darren begun delegating the areas of his business that didn’t interest him, and how that’s helped him to focus on the more important things
- Darren’s personal profile and its intrinsic link to the business
- Proving negativity wrong
- How achieving a great personal brand will attract top talent to your business