Embarking on a new business venture can be a difficult affair. Without a wad of cash in your pocket or investors clambering to buy-in, it might be time to get clever with your advertising, creative in your outreach and refine your pitching technique.
On The Dent Podcast, we interview key people of influence in all walks of life. We delve deep to unearth how these successful people got to where they are, their trials and tribulations, as well as their successes, and what their experiences can teach us all.
On this episode, you may want to take notes because we’re getting into the specifics and tactics behind starting, managing and marketing a multi-million dollar business.
Mike Reid, Dent Co-Founder and CEO of Dent Canada, speaks with Tim Ray, award winning serial entrepreneur and the man behind Carnivore Club – the world’s first cured meats subscription service and JetSavvy, the new technology based company that focuses on private aviation.
Tim pulls back the curtain on what it takes to develop creative marketing campaigns that actually get results for an eCommerce brand. Why his initial business FoodScrooge, was acquired in a 7 figure exit after just 10 months and how he conquered the room – twice – on Dragon’s Den.
Here’s just some of what Tim shares with us:
- How Tim’s pitch impressed David Chilton at Dragon’s Den
- From MBA student to business owner – The FoodScrooge origin story
- Tim’s advice on refining the perfect pitch
- Got funding? Where you should be investing your money
- Why podcasts hold the key to the perfect advertising campaigns
- How much you should be spending on your marketing
- The process behind successfully selling a business – is it just down to luck?
- The value in cold calling – the soft pitch
- The scientific approach to advertising
- Expanding your business geographically
Visit Dent’s website to get your free copy of Become a Key Person of Influence